Finlock Gutter Solutions UK Limited has over a decade’s experience in the removal of Finlock and concrete gutters.
FGS are one of only a handful of companies specialising in this service who conform to the latest Building Regulations.
How they will enhance your home, and how they are going to perform in the years to come. Although there are various types of gutters on the market, and many installation methods, you have to consider the aesthetics of these solutions.! Whether they are capable of doing a job without causing issues at your home. Simply removing concrete guttering isn’t enough.
Sadly for homes fitted with a Finlock gutter, many faults arise. This can include issues with damp and cold, which cause internal and external damage, leading to costly repairs.
How do we remedy this?
There are various methods used for the removal of Finlock Gutters. Unfortunately, some guttering services fail to address the important factors involved.
FGS ensure our solutions future-proof your home, and protect it from cold, damp and other gutter related issues.
We do this by looking at…
1. Cold Bridging
Thermal bridging helps to protect your home from the cold.
We tackle this problem by installing insulation. By installing a 50mm insulation on Method ONE or a 25mm Insulation on Method TWO we can eliminate Cold Bridging.
FGS has vast experience in this area. Over the years we have installed two types of lintels to help support the existing Finlock Gutter.
2. The Angle Iron
This is typically used to support the remaining Finlock over a wider window if the frame needs replacing at any point. Without this vital support, the guttering could sag, leading to problems with damp, water penetration and structural issues.
All of the angle irons we install are made from the very finest steel materials and designed to be sturdy and extremely stable.
We will install and RSJ if the Finlock guttering has sagged too much.
Why do gutters sag?
- Unsupported windows are usually the cause.
- Foam filled gaps above the windows.
The Installation Method
Current Building Regulations require a guttering installation to be carried out correctly and this means installing a vented soffit board, adding insulation and lintels if required.
- On Method One we install an 800mm long timber rafter extensions.
Our competitors merely secure a 6” X 1” timber
- As part of our service, we install a 50mm thick insulation board between the remaining Finlock gutter in the outer soffit (underneath section) to prevent cold from passing through the wall and into your home.
Our competitors don’t do this!
- We install a vented soffit board as part of a Building Regulation requirement, taking the moisture out of the roof space and reducing condensation in your home.
Our competitors don’t do this!
- We only install a 20mm thick fascia board as standard as this supports the weight of the tiles better and won’t sag in the years to come.
Our competitors don’t do this, they install thinner boards!
- Our guttering is an 80mm deep, deep flow gutter and not shallow like the half round or square gutters currently found on the market. We do this to help water escape from a big roof without any overflow.
- Half round or square guttering.
- We will install UPTO 1,000mm of new membrane to the roof.
- An additional row of matching reclaimed tiles will be installed with Method One.
We know that not many of our competitors will do this!
All of this results in a first class Finlock guttering service, want to know why?
- FGS conforms to Building Regulations.
- Insulation will remove the cold bridging.
- reduction of noise from outside.
- By installing insulation this reduces the condensation in the house and the roof space.
- NO service calls!
FGS understands our customers who want a professional job doing. A reasonable price and not all guttering services are a ‘one size fits all’ solution.
Unfortunately, not all companies share our ethos. They don’t care if they service your needs or how the installation performs over the years.
We do CARE!
We have insurance policies that protects our customers.
As one of the leading concrete guttering experts. FGS serve our customers throughout the whole of the country. FGS are here to assist you in any way we can. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more details about our concrete gutter services, or call to speak to us on 01233 659534.